1. You played for several teams and four championship ringåΩs, what is your favorite memory from your NBA career?
The day I got drafter to the Detroit Pistons #11 pick 1986
2. What teams that you played against elevated your game the most?
The Lakers and the Celtics
3. What is your favorite organic vegan restaurant in L.A.?
Sun Power Natural Cafe
4. You recently conquered your fear of spiders on “I’m a Celebrity”… how did that happen?
Being on that show was such a life changing experience and I realized that they are so small, why should I be afraid of them?
5. What’s one thing that people don’t know about you that they would find surprising?
That I’m so passionate about life and animals… Also, I think people would be amazed at how dedicated I am to food and cooking!
6. Tell me about John Salley today…
I am completely immersed in food and beverage and plant-based diets. I’m a true vegetarian, which means I don’t eat eggs, milk or cheese. I’m looking into opening a healthy options eatery in the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. The reason I want to do this is because I fly around the world all the time and there are currently no healthy eating options in the airports, and it is important to be healthy both in the air and on the ground. I’ve also been doing cooking shows at the new flagship Whole Foods Market in Tarzana and I have a new soda coming out called the John Salley Naturals Soda.
You can see more about what I’m doing at www.johnsalley.com